Thursday, December 18, 2008

Black Hole!

OK, so last night, I understood the term "Black Hole of Knitting". Last night I was working on my niece's Bunny Hat and I just kept knitting and knitting and knitting. I need 6 inches before I can start to decrease. After all the knitting I only had 3 1/2 inches! An hour before, I had 2 1/2. I may not be the fastest knitter in the world, but I'm pretty sure I can knit 88 stitches in the round with Caron on Size 7's for more than an inch in an hour. I am hoping that when I go to measure it this morning, it will be at least 4 inches or something. I probably shouldn't hold my breath though!

I had a heart attack yesterday. Not really, but I had a glass of lemonade sitting on the table above my knitting bag. Do I really have to tell you what happened? Or can you take what you know about my lack of grace and guess for yourself? I almost got sick. I had to quickly pull all my yarn out of my bag and lay it by the heating vents then make sure nothing was ruined...all is good though, but I really do think my heart stopped!

I would be happy to knit the sock for you. I have big feet. :) You will have to wait until after the holidays though babe...way too much to do then. What gauge yarn do they use? Might as well do my first pair of socks for you. :)

Back to the Christmas knitting show!
Love, Theresa

No comments: