Wednesday, June 25, 2008

No Sleep makes Homer go something something...

So the past week has just been awful. The Nut isn't sleeping, therefore, mommy isn't sleeping, hence not a whole lot of knitting or blogging is getting done!



I would have to say, T, that it is defenitely obsession (I have it, too) and I am proud to admit that I helped contribute to your obsession!!!!



You would think that living in a land that is just covered in sheep, I would have endless supply of knitting resources. Not so! I am currently holding onto the only 3 knitting books from the library that I haven't yet checked out atleast once (if not twice or 3 times). And Larne has no book store (well, none that has more than 10 books), so in order to purchase a knitting book, we have to travel to Ballymena or Belfast. So, I am relying on the wonders of Ravelry to get me through! Time to buy a printer, though, so I can save some of the patterns I like...



Last week (I think it was last week) I finished my sweater for Hazel....




and I'm sooooo happy with the way it turned out! I washed it and am really excited to say that after being washed and dried, my very first sweater held up beautifully! YEAAAAA!!!!! It is, however, the last thing i knit with a hood. It turned out cute, but that hood was just awful...and it wasn't hard, just boring. The pattern is Duffel Coat from the Essential Baby Book by Debbie Bliss. I really like it, but unless I forget about how much knitting it sucked, if our next baby is a boy, he'll get a different sweater knit by mommy!

Right now I'm trying to get a purse knit for my gorgeous sister-in-law, Lindsay, for her birthday. I found this gorgeous purse that I thought I could figure out, and I'm sure if I wanted to sit down and sketch out the pattern I could pretty easily, but I wanted to knit, not sketch, so I'm making up my own version! It's inspiration is 1/2 the original purse and 1/2 the Percy bag I loved so much. I've learned Entrelac, which isn't as bad as I thought it would be...YH defenitely hates it, but I'm glad I gave it a shot, I just wouldn't want to do a large project with small squares. Right now I'm using double DK strands with #13 needles, knitting 15 x 15 squares. I've got 1 triangle of this row and the last pass row of triangles left to do of the main body. Then I need to knit the straps which will be the sides also, edge the main body, and knit up a inner pocket and then sew it all together! I think once I get the Entrelac finished the rest will be quick going. I need to learn to knit on an i-cord edge as I've incorporated it into another pattern I've designed, so I'm thinking I may try it on Linds's purse, but we'll see what kind of time we have. I may just default to garter or seed st edging for time's sake. I promise to post pictures when I'm done!

What else...

I've entered 2 knit design competitions. I'm really nervous and hoping that I haven't gotten in over my head with the designs, but I've tried to make them realistic, so I should be okay if (and that's a BIG if) I get chosen as one of the top 3 designs. the first place winner gets 250 GBPs (Great Britian Pounds) worth of yarn and the 2nd and 3rd places get 50 GBPs worth!!! Both designs are for little girl summer tops, so we'll see! If neither flies, I'll probably end up knitting up both anyway and posting the patterns on Ravelry or something! But here's to hoping they both take 1st...that would be $1000 worth of yarn...be still my beating heart!!!!!!! Even if only 1 takes 3rd place, that's a $100 worth and I would be very thankful for that as well!

Well, I should get going for now as my Beautiful Hazel is ready for a nap (I hope..)

No comments: