Thursday, June 19, 2008

Yarn High!!

I've heard the term before, but don't think that I really understood it until yesteray. My IL's watched the girls and gave me a chance to go do something fun. I went to Jo Anne Fabrics and bought The Knitter's Bible of Accessories, this is a book that I have checked out and rechecked out of the library. I figured it was time to buy it! :) Then I went to the LYS and walked around. I swear, ANYONE could get a high off of color alone in there, even if you aren't into needlecrafts. I picked up the skein of Patons I needed to finish my beret, then I got a beautiful orange for another hat I want to make for the winter. I also got a gorgeous rainbow bamboo sock yarn for matching handwarmers. This winter, I swear I am going to be decked out! I am making things for the girls too, don't worry! Then I went to the library and got 3 knitting books that were on hold for me. I'm serious, I think I smiled all night after I got home. It was just so great and I felt wonderful. I came home and got to work finishing my Not So Much Harry Potter Beret and I think it turned out great. I am a little bummed that it is the middle of summer and I can't very well wear it outside. I think I might have to make one in cotton just so I can. :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Please pardon my LOVELY picture taking abilities! I am going to make a really pretty Feather And Fan Cowl to go with it and then maybe some hand warmers (I am REALLY into them too!)

Last night, I am lying in bed and all I can think about are the projects that I am doing and what I want to do. So, today I am planning on casting on for a pair of booties and a hat for Jillian and then one for Layla. My Orange hat and rainbow warmers and the Cowl. I am still working on other things, but I just can't help it! I LOVE Knitting!!!!!!!

No comments: