Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Where does the year go?

I can NOT believe that it is July 1st! Where in the world does the year go? It seems like just yesterday we were "ringing" in the new year! OK, so we weren't even awake to see midnight, but come on, we have a 2 year old and I was pregnant! :) Anyway, I can't believe the year is over half over...does that make sense? Craziness!

So, unfortunately, I haven't been able to get much knitting done the past couple of days. We have been SUPER busy. Baby Jillian was baptised on Sunday and we had a lot of our family here to celebrate with us for a cookout. We had a really great time and got to visit with our family. The kids played outside (thank goodness it was nice outside). Thank you so much to all of our family that came. In other Jillian news...she is rolling over! It seems so early, but I know it isn't. She is also teething like mad...which is driving me nuts. Layla is trying to learn to use the potty. It is really frustrating for me, but I know she will get it.
I did get some things done...Jillian's hat and bootee set are finished. They are so cute...I love them. I want to make more for her. I think that I will make a set in blues, greens, and purples so we have cool and warm colors to wear with everything!
Photobucket
Photobucket

I have a couple of other things in the works. I wish I had time to knit more...where are baby sitters when you need them?

Oh, also, I wanted to post about my cousin. She had surgery this past week up at Mayo. The doctors took out 12 lymph nodes, 4 of them had cancer in them. Evidently though, she is doing very well. She was feeling up to coming home the day after the surgery. She will have to go back in 6 weeks to see if it is still all gone. If so, then she only has to go back every 6 months. Please keep praying for her...it is going to be a long road, but at least she doesn't have to have chemo or radiation. Thank the Good Lord!

Carli, I hope that you are having fun with your guests. Can't wait to chat with you again, miss you babe!

No comments: