Friday, May 09, 2008

and the ADD sets in....

So I finished the front right panel of Hazel's sweater!!! YEA!!!!! I even stitched the shoulder seams of the front left and right to the back shoulder seams...Then I started the hood, all 102 stitches across...29 from the right...44 cast on...29 from the left. 2 rows into the hood, it occured to me that I have 9 1/2 inches of rows (102 stitches) to knit, and the ADD set in. My goal to get that sweater done by Monday has gone out the window. I currently HATE (with a passion) rasberry colored yarn. Garter stitch no longer seems mindless and relaxing.
So I switched to making myself a pair of footies out of the funnest (is that a word?) yarn I've seen in a long time. I've gotten the cuff finished, and my hopes of cool patterns forming out of this verigated yarn has gone out the window. It's still neat, don't get me wrong...I guess I just had higher expectations for this yarn than what it's capable of....oh, well, it's doing a good job of diverting my attention from the horrid rasberry yarn and will eventually keep my tootsies toasty!

In other news....

You know you knit too much when you dream about hanging out with the Yarn Harlot. No joke, I had this long carried out dream last night of hanging out with the Yarn Harlot. And I kept thinking, I wish Theresa could be here to hang out with us and knit...that would be so much fun!!!! I think I need to email the Yarn Harlot and tell her I've discovered a new "You know you knit too much when..."

Do you think she'd think I was Psycho??????

No comments: