Monday, March 09, 2009

The Buttony twins

So I finished my Buttony on Friday night...finally. I felt like I had been knitting up mohair yarn for a lifetime even though it was only 2 1/2 weeks. Then I tried it on. Yikes. First off, I had no idea that the yarn was self striping...so we're talking horizontal stripes....the What Not To Wear Team would go bananas. Secondly, it's an absolutely darling sweater, but unless you're a size 8 or thinner, you have no business trying. It has absolutely no shaping, so you have to add the shaping, and I tried. You still get what looks like a box. Anywho. That's probably b/c I'm shaped like a box, but that's besides the story. I'll post pics, but be aware, it has no business on my body :) It's going to my SIL, Linds, b/c it will look WAY cute on her with her red hair.

Then, I have this yarn I've had since last August and I thought it would be perfect to make a Buttony for Hazel. Well, I started, and as I was knitting along, I decided to change it up...a lot. I'm so excited about the turn out. It's knitted flat to the underarms and then knit in the round afterwards, adding sts to make it more of a skirt effect to the top....

No comments: