Thursday, January 08, 2009

Should it be this hard?

Yay for finished projects, T! I, on the other hand, got none of my knitting done. Oh, well, they will get done eventually. I'll just spend a fortune mailing them home :)

So I finally finished sleeve #1 on H's bolero. #2 is hibernating while I finish the rest. I know it's out of order, but the sleeves are the last thing to get attached, and I know if I had to do the 2nd sleeve right away, the bolero wouldn't ever get done. So I did the back border next....cake. But as soon as I tackled the front border, which has 182 sts picked up around the very curvy edge onto a circular #4 needle, I wanted to gouge my eyes out. But I muscled through it, and I'm even 1/2 through the 4th row of 2x2 ribbing. There are 13 rows. Not a big deal, right? Except that, in theory, the more rows I knit, the easier the border should become. Not true. It's not getting harder, it's just not easing up. Apparently knitting a 2x2 ribbed border in the shape of an Omega sign requires shoulder and elbow knitting strength that I've yet to develope. Not to mention I'm a righty and my right shoulder is missing 1/2 an inch of bone from surgery almost 3 years ago, I woke up this morning very very very aware of my neck and shoulder and elbow and wrist on my right are.

I'm just glad I'm only making the 2-3 year size. Actually, that may be the problem...do you think it would be easier if it was a bigger size? Maybe I'll know one day!

Good luck on your caplet for tomorrow! How's it coming?
Hugs
Car

No comments: