Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy New Year!

Just wanted to let you know that I got all of my holiday knitting done! Yeah! Granted, Layla's hat got done 2 days after Christmas, but she didn't care, she was just happy to get it. My neighbor loved her cowl and I am so glad.

Right now I am being selfish and knitting for myself. I am knitting the "Grand Plan Top Down Capelet" from Wrap Style by Interweave Press. I am knitting a cabled turtleneck one in a GORGEOUS deep purple yarn. I am using the Lion Brand Vanna's Choice. I was a little skeptical as it is really inexpensive acrylic, but so far I really like it. It is super soft and smushy. So far so good. I will try and get some pictures tomorrow. I am still working on my dad's scarf, but it is such a monotonous knit...dad knows he probably won't get it until next winter and I hope that he is OK with that. :)

I was so glad I to see you while you were home. It was so nice to visit with you guys. I am sorry that we couldn't stay longer. I can't believe that we didn't get any pictures though. Oh well, next time I guess!

Love you,
Theresa

No comments: