Thursday, September 11, 2008

My first hank winding

So, last night, I wound my first hank with my new Wool Winder. Love it.

For some odd reason, though, I chose to wind my 100% silk laceweight from Fyberspates as my test run. Thankfully, God sent a knitting angel to watch over me and my yarn.....
While I was at IKnit, I debated buying a Wooden Umbrella Swift from Loop. Their kinda expensive and I wasn't sure if I wanted to try to find the space to use it....After last night, however, Brett insists I have one. I used him as my swift. :) For those of you dedicated readers who don't know what a swift is, it's a contraption that holds a hank of yarn neatly so that you can wind it into a useable ball (you cannot knit or crochet from a hank...it is certain death of your yarn if you try). His response to me using his hands as my make-shift swift (say that 3 times fast) was that I need to find and order one off the internet and see if they're willing to expedite it :) He had it easy....atleast I started small....that hank held 440 yards of silk, the bigger one...it hold 2400 yds.

Hey, I'm not completely cruel, he had a beer and I was letting him watch soccer. His hands were mine......

No comments: