Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My obsession...all your fault!

Hi all...I'm Theresa. I have been a sewer most of my life. My aunt taught me to sew when I was in 1st or 2nd grade. After having a baby in 2005, I took it back up and have been making clothes for my 1st daughter, Layla. I tried to learn to crochet sometime after that. After all, the rest of the women in my family knew how to crochet, I should too. NOT my thing at all...I just couldn't get it, no matter how hard I tried. Then, when I got pregnant with my 2nd child, or maybe just before, Carli taught me how to knit. I quickly became obsessed. I love to watch the yarn become stitches, become fabric, become whatever I am making. So far, I have made a lot of scarves (luckily, the weather here in Indiana was cold this winter!) and many many yarn purchases. did make a baby blanket for my 2nd daughter, Jillian. I have made a scarf and hat set for Layla (although the hat is WAY too big right now and is more of a Rasta hat than anything else, but still WAY cute!). RIght now I am in baby blanket heaven (or Hell, depending on how you want to look at it!) because I have 4 friends that are having babies within about 1 month of each other. I don't know what I was thinking! Oh well, hopefully I can get them done in time. I am halfway done with one and another is started. I am doing them in a basic dishcloth pattern that I found at www.lionbrandyarn.com. What a great website to get ideas from...LOVE it!

I have so many ideas of what to make next, after the baby blanket phenomenon is over! I want to make myself a hat, finish the booties I started for Jillian that match her blanket. Actually those are almost done, but I do not know how to finish them. Carli-you didn't teach me that skill before you left! When Jillian was born, a friend gave me a beautiful basket full of some of the prettiest yarn. I don't even know what to do with some of it. I guess I will just have to buy more pattern books (oh darn) to figure it out! I really need to clean up my yarn stash...I am so excited to have a stash. I will try and make a list of the items I intend to make so you can get an idea. TOO many I am sure, but oh well. Now, if only someone would watch my children so I could knit...please? Anyone? Come on, I can pay you in lovely knitted scarves? How about a hat? Some socks? That is the next thing I want to learn anyway, what a great incentive, as babysitting bribes! Carli-again, I blame this obsession on you...so does Eric. But, what a fun obsession and what a way for us to stay connected with you over there in yucky Ireland!

No comments: