Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Guess I should introduce me, too, huh?

Okay, well, I guess I should introduce myself, huh?
Hi! My name is Carli. I've been knitting for just over 2 years (I think since November of 2005). I did the same thing Theresa did...my mom taught me how to crochet when I was young, but defenitely not my thing. Then just out of the blue one night I told my mom that I wanted to learn to knit, and she said she could teach me the basics, but that she wasn't sure what stitch was what and so on and so forth. So from then on I've been teaching myself, and I'm really obsessed.
Our hero (the Yarn Harlot) says that you know you knit too much when you have little projects tucked everywhere...in the bathroom, in the car, etc. In that case, I knit too much.
Currently I'm working on a sweater for Hazel (which has been put on hold b/c I keep messing up the front right panel), a pair of socks for Theresa's daughter Jillian (which she wouldn't get ;-) if Hazel could fit into them...they're just too darn cute...so I will pass on the love), hearts for a cute tieback for Hazel's curtains (when we get them), and an H for Hazel's door. How many projects are classified as too many? I've also got a scarf that I've been working on for 2 years...no exaggeration...it's for my dad, poor guy will be 80 before I finish it. It's an Basket weave knit which, for those of you who knit, know it's BEAUTIFUL, but it sucks to actually create, so I work on it a little at a time...Poor Daddy.
So, as you can see, I'm obsessed and I decided it only fair that I pass on the contagious obsession that is knitting to my most beloved friend....

No comments: