Monday, August 31, 2009

I'm here, I'm here! :)

Hi Everyone! I'm sorry that I have been completely absent for awhile, but as Carli previously mentioned, I have been put on bedrest since June. For awhile, I had NO desire to knit. It either made me sick, or just antsy. I am back to knitting which is good, but not doing anything too exciting. I am doing a lot of baby knitting just to psych myself up. Don't get me wrong, we are happy for the baby coming, just have had a lot to deal with, so baby knitting keeps me in a good frame of mind! :) So, I have knit 3 baby hats, 1 baby sock (I should cast on for the other today) and about 1/3 of a baby blanket. We do not know whether we are having a boy or girl, so I am making some pink stuff and some blue stuff. I have about 7 friends that are preggo right now, so I'm sure that someone will have whatever we don't so I can pass it on to them. The baby blanket is black with silver sparkles in it. I am going to get a pink or blue ribbon to run through the eyelets (it is just a simply dishcloth blanket pattern) after the baby is born. Layla really likes it.
Let's see, what else? I ripped out my dad's cable scarf. After I was realistic with myself, I knew that I was probably NEVER actually going to finish it. So, he and I agreed that a hat would be better for him. So, I CO for a simply rib hat for him, which I am slowly working on. Although I think I handle ribbing a little better than Carli (I've never found myself huddled in the corner because of it babe!), it does get old after a while. I hope that he likes it whenever I get it finished.
There are a lot of things that I WANT to CO for, but just haven't had the gumption, but soon. One exciting thing (at least for me) is that I found a GREAT bag. I wanted a new diaper bag that wasn't actually a diaper bag, more of a big purse. Well, I found one that has 3 different compartments, one for baby things, one for my things, and one for a knitting project! I am thrilled. It is not from Jordana Paige, but it very much her style. It is orange and VERY cute! I love it!
Well, I hope that you are all doing well. We are 31 weeks today and making it one day at a time. I should be off bedrest in 3-5 weeks then whatever will be will be. Watch, all of the junk we have been through and this kiddo will NEVER want to come! :) I will try and get pics soon of the baby things!
Love,
Theresa

No comments: