1. I really couldn't find anything I wanted to make with yarn I currently had that would consume 17 days.
2. With potential move home looming ahead, I really needed to stash bust as much as possible as it's easier to ship a garment home vs ship balls of wool home.
3. I only have a gazillion UFOs, #1 be namely Pa's Christmas Sweater, that I should give some consideration to.
Looking at all these factors, I decided it would be my best interest to participate in the Knitting Olympics unofficially. I decided my 17 day challenge would be to consume as much of my stash as I could work through. No new yarn purchases; for any reason. If the project needed more of a certain yarn, then it was an unacceptable project. We're 10 days in and I think I've done really well.
So far my list of accomplishments are....
1. Neighborly sweater for Hazel (used up all but walnuts of my Trivori Irish Aran Wool x2 colors)**please note that due to massive amounts of knitting, and some boogers, I haven't been able to take pictures of anything but this top. Will update later...
2. Weekend Fingerless Mitts (used up a tiny amount--far less than I hoped--of mystery wool obtained from a class I took last spring, and originally for Lindsay, but didn't turn out the way I hoped so I'm adopting them)
3. Extra-Toasty Toddler Mittens for Hazel (used up most of my Cascade 220 overdyed)
4. Marian Cowl for Marina's Birthday (used up almost the whole skein of Robin Super chunky left over from Mom's birthday cardi)
5. Speedy Cable Beret for ME (used up the last walnut of Robin Super Chunky and 1/2 the ball of Adriafil Spillo)
I think 5 things in 10 days is awesome, especially as they're not all tiny things and I've been sick for 5 of the days :)
Right now I'm 1/2 way through a Mossy Jacket for Callum to come home from the hospital in June/July. I have a ton of light fingeringweight sock yarn from Lidl that I'm holding tripled for it. Quick and easy knit so far, and I'm hoping to have it done by tomorrow.
Mom gave me an idea to make Lindsay some Christmas items that would consume stash (super yay!) and get some of my Christmas knitting out of the way as I figure I'm not going to get a whole lot done by way of knitting once Little Mister is here.
I'm also thinking I may make Callum some longies to match his Mossy jacket. I want to make Emma's Unmentionables for Hazel amoung other things!
Sigh, so much to do, so little time....back to knitting...